30th Anniversary Fundraiser
The 2015-2016 concert season has marked the 30th Year Anniversary for the Ontario Chaffey Community Show Band! Thirty years ago, Jack Mercer came out of retirement to form an alumni band, and forty-two musicians, representing a wide variety of occupations from doctors, lawyers, dentists, mechanics, educators, the Chief of Police and other professions, picked up their instruments and began what would become known as the Ontario Chaffey Community Show Band.
For the past thirty years, the band has been performing one free concert a month for the community, bringing in an array of talented guest artists as well as providing musical performances for various city-sponsored events.
The band's first sponsor was the Chaffey Adult School, who continue to be a source of support to this day. As the organization matured, funds were needed for music, supplies, and equipment. To meet these needs, the Ontario City Council stepped in and provided an annual budget for the band. In return, they requested that the Show Band provide concerts at no cost to the citizens of the Greater-Ontario Community.
We are fortunate to have a number of sponsors who have continued to provide their generous financial support. We thank them for their generous financial kindness. In addition, several years ago, a non-profit organization called "The Friends of the Ontario Chaffey Community Show Band" was formed to provide assistance to the Show Band. However, as the years progress and the Show Band continues to grow, additional support is necessary to keep pace with the needs of the organization and the times.
This is our first online fundraiser and we are reaching out to the community and our supporters for your generosity and support. We'd like to raise sufficient funds to cover some or all of our ongoing operational costs as well as additional costs for the following:
- * New equipment such as sturdier music stands, PA system (higher quality speakers, monitors, microphones).
- * Musical instruments for our growing organization.
- * New music to provide more varied repertoire and concerts for our listeners.
- * Re-organizing and modernizing the Show Band library
- * Honorariums for guest artists - bringing in some bigger name, more exciting featured artists!
- * Website costs: completely re-working our entire website design to a more modern look and feel and making it more user-friendly, inviting, and interactive.
- * Lithography and mailings costs.
- * Support for Show Band Staff.
- * Public relations and publicity program: as we continue to move forward, we want to reach out more to the younger community of musicians to have them join us to learn with us, and help to continue to grow the legacy of the band. Our hope is with the proper pr and publicity, we can reach out not only to the community, but to the young people in music education and encourage them to understand why the show band is such an important element in the community and in the arts.
We are very excited about moving into social media this year as a more effective way to reach and inform our concert goers! If you have already joined our "new generation" of communications, please share this online fundraising effort with others who you feel may be interested in promoting the performing arts in our community. With your assistance, you will help to ensure 30 more years of free concerts to the concert goers of our community.
With Much Appreciation;
Director, Ontario Chaffey Community Show Band